[Lugstuff] sound driver conundrum

Theodore Knab tjk at annapolislinux.org
Fri Jan 15 08:47:37 EST 2010

The AC97 chip is pretty generic.

Maybe your kernel got upgraded but the kernel modules did not get
rebuilt. Can you load the old kernel and see if does the same thing ?

You should be able to run this as root to see if something is missing:
+ /sbin/depmod -a

Depmod will 'generate module dependancies and map files' according to
man page. This command will prope all the modules. If there are errors
they will get displayed.

--
Ted Knab
Stevensville, MD USA