Possible to repair a USB drive?

Annapolis Linux Users Group lugstuff at annapolislinux.org
Wed Oct 27 13:08:22 EDT 2021

I have an 18 GB HP USB stick with mostly photos on it. I had mounted the device and had a computer lock up. I was unable to close the file system before I rebooted the computer [ Open SUSE LINUX].Subsequently I was unable to mount the stick in either Linux or Windows.  I tried running sudo df to see if I could see the stick at all. It does not show up.  Is there any way I can repair the file system on this USB Stick?  If not, how can I reformat the stick when I can not find it with the terminal?
I used to attend the Annapolis LUG before I moved to Lewes, DE. My command line skills are marginal.

David Bleil

dfbleil at verizon.net