[Lugstuff] Zoom problem in Linux

Annapolis Linux Users Group lugstuff at annapolislinux.org
Wed Apr 5 01:10:40 EDT 2023

On Sun, Apr 02, 2023 at 10:56:10PM +0000, Annapolis Linux Users Group via Lugstuff wrote:
>     When I went to join a Zoom meeting in Feb. 2023, I was told I
> had to upgrade Zoom before I could join.  After upgrading, my
> microphone did not work in Zoom (although the audio mixer registered
> increased input when I spoke or made sounds).  I have tried three
> other mics.  Anyone ?

Generally the only time I've had trouble with mics is when they lose
their USB connection, but that causes the mic to be invisible to the
entire system and not just zoom.

One thing you can try, if you haven't already, is to run the flatpak
version of zoom and see if that acts any differently.  It'll be
bundled with its own libraries, so if there's some incompatibility
with the system audio libraries this might be a way to work around it.

https://flathub.org/apps/details/us.zoom.Zoom

                              -Dave Dodge/dododge at dododge.net