[Lugstuff] Mesh Network devices

Annapolis Linux Users Group lugstuff at annapolislinux.org
Mon Feb 15 19:51:20 EST 2021

I have been thinking of putting a router in between my network and my Verizon modem.  So my next step is to add a basic router between them, and well I am open to suggestions of a good simple router, or better yet, I am thinking a hardware fire wall instead of a router.  So I am open to any suggestions there.

Ya some of the devices are on 5Ghz, and ya walls are good at blocking higher frequencies then lower frequencies.

I will admit I did not know about the back door, I did find out about the constant pinging of sonx.mediasearch.verizon.com that Verizon does from the router (well since I do have the Pi-Hole, and I currently have the router using the Pi-Hole as it's DNS server too, I have blocked that address.

Michael P. O'Connor
mpop at mikeoconnor.net
http://www.mikeoconnor.net