[Lugstuff] Annapolis Linux Site rebuilt - build info

Annapolis Linux Users Group lugstuff at annapolislinux.org
Wed Jan 13 20:19:39 EST 2021

FYI,

The Annapolis Linux website was down for a few days.

It was recently rebuild using a Debian image.

The previous site was using Centos6, which expired in November 31, 2020, Additionally, my previous
provider discontinued their lowest $5/mo Tier.

So, I moved to Linode. It seems Linode predates AWS.

I am using a $5/month Tier to run Annapolis Linux.

Nano:
1GB VM
25GB storage

Hosting service: Cost $5/ month.
Backups $2/ month.

Here is what Wikipedia says:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Linode

Here is a referal code if you want to try it.
https://www.linode.com/?r=b0382622124aa16239a351db48b728ea57df0e7f

P.S.
  The webiste was down for about 2 days.
  Email was not working for about 3 days.
  Mailman was not working for about 4 days.

Nobody complained. :-)  At least, I didn't get any email while the site
was down.

Best regards,

T.K