[Lugstuff] chef presentation devopsDC

Annapolis Linux Users Group lugstuff at annapolislinux.org
Wed Nov 23 09:25:54 EST 2016

Hi!

My name is Nathen Harvey, I'm the VP of Community Development for Chef and co-organizer of the DevOpsDC meetup (https://www.meetup.com/DevOpsDC/). Chef recently announced a new open source framework for application automation, Habitat.  We are hosting a hack-night to provide some training and hands-on experience with the project.  I would love to find a way to get the word out to the members of your meetup group. Do you have a mailing list or something that I can post to? Could you send something on my behalf? What's the best way to share this sort of thing with your group?

Tuesday, December 6, 6PM - 9PM
Habitat Hack Night DC
https://pages.chef.io/201612_HabitatHack_DC_RSVP.html

Habitat is a new, open-source frame work for application automation.  If you're using containers, you'll find that Habitat makes them more awesome.  If you're not using containers, you'll find that Habitat helps simplify the processes required to build, deploy, and manage your apps.  We're hosting a free hack day to give you some introductory training and hands on with this new tech.  Hope you can join us!

Thanks for helping us spread the word and I really hope you'll join us!

Nathen Harvey
@nathenharvey