[Lugstuff] April meeting? Re: 2016 meeting

Bob Blum blumcr at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 28 19:49:29 EDT 2016

LeRoy,
My apologies if you have already done this, but If you can get into the UEFI module, disable Secure Boot and enable Legacy Boot.    That might allow you to delete all partitions with GParted and reformat the drive.  In any event, UEFI will not allow you to boot or install a 32-bit Linux distro, so keep that in mind.  I have encountered the repair loop on a neighbor's computer.  If you want to give Windows 10 another chance, here is what I did.  After going through many the Windows repair obstacles that you have experienced, I selected "Reset this PC," and continued with a complete reinstallation of Windows 10 and selected the option to not save any data or installed applications.  Hoping that disabling Secure Boot in UEFI will allow you to use a Linux Live CD to back up your data files before the Windows reset does its thing.
Hope this helps.