[Lugstuff] April meeting? Re: 2016 meeting

lduvall at nwlink.com lduvall at nwlink.com
Mon Mar 28 07:29:08 EDT 2016

Greetings from Laos,

Is the next meeting still planned for Barnes & Noble in Annapolis?

I am bringing a challenge back. My Asus UX301la is stuck in a perpetual
"automatic repair" loop. This is a well documented problem for Windoze
10/8.1 machines that get corrupted hibernation files. I have tried all
of the Windows repair tricks that I can find - no luck. The Windows
repair options don't work. I have tried reformatting with Linux - no
luck. Suse, Redo, Mint, Parted Magic have all failed to make a dent -
and likewise nothing will install. Every attempt to change the hard
drive (PCIE SSD) results in I/O errors, and no changes.  I can run Linux
off of a flashdrive, and that is what I have been using.

So, I will bring the machine and a couple of different but current Linux
install flash drives. We can see if someone in the group is up to the
challenge, and can make a dent. I have ordered a replacement SSD, which
is my next step, if none of the intrepid LUG members have any better
luck than I did.

Cheers,
LeRoy Duvall

PS - I am going to try sell my Kawasaki. If you know anyone who might be
interested let them / me know.