[Lugstuff] Asking for your help in finding some strong Linux talent for an opening in our Annapolis office

Jed Davis jdavis at infoblox.com
Tue Feb 8 16:00:09 EST 2011

Thank you (hopefully) in advance for your help.  I was hoping you would share this information with your distro. list.  We are looking for a strong Linux systems person with some software development skills for Infoblox' Annapolis office.  I have attached the job description.  I have also copied it below my sig line so you can use whichever format is easiest.  Please let me know if you have any questions or if you need more input from us.

Sincerely,

Jed Davis

Senior Consulting Recruiter

Infoblox<http://www.infoblox.com/>

410-573-2254 (O)

443-604-8937 (M)

Senior Software Engineer, NetMRI Systems Group (Annapolis, MD)

The Senior Software Engineer, NetMRI Systems is responsible for developing, maintaining and customizing the Linux based operating system,  installation process, and administrative shell for the company's "NetMRI" NCCM appliance. In addition to the operating system, this position also is responsible for working with on a team that does technical specifications, testing and certification of future appliance models that will be used for "NetMRI". The candidate that fills this position will also be responsible for helping to maintain internal software systems and hardware used by the "NetMRI" engineering team.

Key Responsibilities:

·     Development and maintenance of the customized operating system (Red Hat Enterprise based)

·     Develop and maintain highly secure Administrative Software Components

·     Creating custom RPM’s

·     Configuration and tuning of standard system level services including MySQL, Apache and Tomcat.

·     Create software written in Perl and C (other languages on occasion as needed)

·     Linux and VMware Administration

Requirements:

·     Knowledge and experience:

o     Strong experience with Perl Development

o     Competent understanding of Virtualization (esp. VMware)

o     Demonstrable experience administering and troubleshooting Red Hat Enterprise Linux

o     Custom RPM based package creation and management

o     Experience working with NAS and SAN storage environments

o     IP Networking experience

o     Results oriented, solid work ethic with excellent attention to detail and quality

o     Excellent verbal and written communication skills

·     Education

o     Four year degree in CS, CE, EE, or other technical field such as math, physics or engineering (may consider commensurate experience for a strong candidate)

·     Skills and Abilities:

o     VMware Administration experience

o     Subversion Administration experience

o     Familiarity with Red Hat Kickstart

o     Ruby and/or Ruby on Rails experience

o     VMware Studio

·     Building VMware Virtual appliances

·     General Hardware troubleshooting and Systems Integration

Additional openings can be found by visiting us at http://www.infoblox.com/en/company/careers.html