[Lugstuff] Need a local source for SCSI-2 cable for external scanner.

Bob Graw III bgraw3 at mac.com
Mon Jan 11 11:37:31 EST 2010

i cannot remember the last time i hooked up an external device. i
used to use scsi all the time for hard drives, tape drives, cd-roms,
scanners, etc.

i probably have a cable in a box in my basement. but, there are so
many combinations. is the scanner a big, old centronics type? or, is
it a smaller scsi-2? there are 50-pin, 68-pin, etc. then there were
really small, high density configurations, too. if the cable was
attached to an apple, it probably had a 25-pin that's the same as a
parallel cable.

the question is what connector do you have on the PC side and what
connector is on the scanner side?

you can use the following to identify what kinds of connectors you
need: http://www.pcguide.com/ref/hdd/if/scsi/cables.htm

i've ordered lots of cables from the following company. they don't
seem to have as many scsi cables as the used to, though...

http://www.cyberguys.com/product-listings/?categoryid=145

bob graw
410-703-3455