[Lugstuff] How to question

Bob Graw III bgraw3 at mac.com
Wed Apr 22 11:49:22 EDT 2009

I'm not 100% sure because I rarely deal with Windoze anymore, but GRUB
could be the answer, not the problem.

Windows will be the problem.

If you removed the existing drives and did the new 64bit Windows
install, we can assume that will work. Windows will install it's
bootloader on the new drive and everything will be clean.

Then, you could put the original drives back in place and add the new
drive as the third drive.

Then, you should be able to modify GRUBs conf file to point to the new
OS(s) using the chainloader part of GRUB (which is probably being used
for the existing Windows partition.)

See http://www.gnu.org/software/grub/manual/grub.html#DOS_002fWindows
for GRUB information about mapping and hiding. I would hope Windows
would be better about where it booted from, but I think it still
pretends there are no other operating systems and kind of "demands" that
it be on the first drive (C:). So, hopefully, mapping or hiding will
help. (My guess is that you do not want to hide the partitions so that
you can still access the data when running the other OS(s).)

Good Luck
Bob Graw