[Lugstuff] more on Linux laptops

Thomas Gallen kaori.hinata at gmail.com
Wed Sep 24 09:17:25 EDT 2008

It's true, they just don't give them as much attention as their
Windows counterparts. Hell, some of them don't give them any attention
AT ALL.

http://linux.dell.com/desktops.shtml
To find Dell's Linux machines is probably the most painless of the 3.
You have to go to the business section, then under laptops you'll see
"Open-Source Laptops". This page however comes up when you Google it for
the most part and offers some additional information including a link to
the machines in question.

http://h71028.www7.hp.com/enterprise/cache/321152-0-0-0-121.html
HP is nicer with this including a matrix of supported systems for
multiple distributions and though tricky to find at first, the laptops
(from that page) are there when you go to "Configure PC" on most of the
pages.

http://www.pc.ibm.com/us/notebooks/thinkpad/t-series/workstation.html
"Supports" Linux meaning of course that you can install it, but I
haven't found where you can buy the laptop without Windows...

Happy laptop hunting,
Thomas