[Lugstuff] Regarding a new Meeting Place.

Thomas Gallen kaori.hinata at gmail.com
Mon Sep 22 18:56:56 EDT 2008

This place is never "full" so to speak. It's a waste really. So many
empty classrooms and nothing to do with them. At least, nothing we're
allowed to do with them. I agree that it's a waste of taxpayers money to
boast such "high tech" facilities then leave them to gather dust.

I also meant to ask what happened when you tried to start a Linux
Users Group here at the college. Were you denied? If so, were you given
a reason? I'd love to hear why they wouldn't let you create such a great
club when they allow some other many times more pointless clubs to
exist.

Thomas

On Mon, Sep 22, 2008 at 04:38:14PM -0400, Patrick Roanhouse wrote:

> You would think that being it is a community college and funded by tax
> payers that they would fully open it to the use of the community at large
> for use when not full. For town meetings or other organizations. They
> really should pass a a state bill to allow community college to be used
> when public locations are not available to public community organizations.
>

> On Sep 22, 2008, at 4:01 PM, Thomas Gallen wrote:
>> I've confirmed this with a coworker, however, he gave me the contact
>> information of the group that deals with reservations, so I'm going to
>> try contacting them directly.
>>
>> I also agree about the lack of community halls. This annoys the shite
>> out of me since there really isn't anywhere that you can gather for
>> larger events such as uninterrupted public speaking and hardware/software
>> demonstration.
>>
>> Looking at the schedule, the amount of free space available here is
>> ridiculous and a huge waste of space and resources so I'll see if I
>> can't find some way to get an area. The current bookstore/coffee shop
>> meetings just don't seem like they would scale too well in the future.
>>
>> Thomas
>>
>> On Mon, Sep 22, 2008 at 01:33:50PM -0400, Patrick Roanhouse wrote:
>>> I am a former student of AACC and also the program manager for Annapolis
>>> Apple Slice Mac Users Group as well. We looked into getting one of the
>>> auditoriums in CALT since the Severna Park library is closed now on
>>> sundays. You have to book at least two months in advance as well as pay a
>>> 200 dollar fee since it not a school club or organization. I also had