About 8 people showed up.
We had an open meeting today.
1. Novell’s Open Enterprise server using Suse to interconnect with Active Directory.
2. What Linux are you survey . The survey is found here.
3. What do people use for managing server configurations ? – Nick
answer: cfengine, puppet, custom scripts with rsync
4. Services for Unix: GNU code that lets you mount NFS mounts on Windows machines.
5. Ubuntu 9.10 came out in Oct 2009 and it works with clouds.
6. RHEL and Xen story.
7. Intel 48 core chips coming out.
8. Commercials: Linux and Mac commercials. #1 Linux song.
9. Finding Cheap laptops for $500 or less. Lenovo brand.